Q:  I have been the victim of a crime, now what?
A:  First, contact your local law enforcement agency and make a report.  They investigate crimes, make reports, and make arrests; the County Attorney is typically not involved until after an arrest is made.  Once an arrest is made, you can contact our office to discuss your case further or visit the Victim/Witness section of our website.

Q:  How do I drop a no contact order?
A: The County Attorney’s office cannot drop no contact orders.  You must meet with a domestic violence counselor from Catholic Charities and then appear before a judge in open court to request that the no contact order be dropped.

In the Spotlight

Hope 4 Iowa

The HOPE 4 IOWA Crisis Call Line connects individuals in crisis to a helping hand and the resources to address and improve mental wellness. Available 24/7. For more information visit our website here.








  • 1
  • 2

Pottawattamie County Emergency Notification System

The Alert Iowa system serves all residents within Pottawattamie County and it's Communities.

The Pottawattamie County Emergency Management Agency has implemented The Alert Iowa system, a high-speed notification solution and Weather Warning service. This no-charge service is available to businesses.

Click Here To Register