The Office of Planning and Development is located in the Courthouse Annex, which is the lighter colored brick structure immediately north of the County Courthouse. Our Office is on the first floor of the building, south entrance.
Responsibilities of Planning and Development:
- Administer the following Ordinances: Zoning Ordinance, Subdivision Ordinance, Building Code, Flood Plain Management, Onsite Wastewater Treatment and Disposal (Septic), Private Water Well, Uniform Rural Addressing, Plugging of Abandoned Wells.
- Issues Permits – Building, Septic, Well and Zoning: Permit Applications
- Processes Applications for the Planning & Zoning Commission and for the Zoning Board of Adjustment: Zoning Applications: Applications
- Abatement of noxious weeds, Iowa Code: Chapter 317. Please click here.
- Administer the FY 2015-2016 Grants to County Program for the Pottawattamie County Board of Health – A state funded program that can be utilized for the testing of water from private water wells, properly plugging abandoned wells and renovation of existing wells to aid in the prevention of contamination sources. Contact the Planning Department for more information at 712.328.5792.
- Oversees the operation of the County Recycling Center:
The Recycling Center is located at 41911 Industrial Drive, Oakland, Iowa 51560
(Hwy 59 approximately 1 mile north of OSI)
Recycling Center Telephone Numbers:
Please forward mail directly to the Office of Planning & Development
Recycling Center Hours of Operation
8:00 A.M. – 4:00 P.M. – Tuesday though Saturday.
Closed Sunday and Monday. Closed on following days in observance of holidays also:
Saturday, May 26, 2018
Wednesday, July 4, 2018
Saturday, September 1, 2018
Saturday, November 10, 2018
Thursday, November 22, 2018
Friday, November 23, 2018
Tuesday, December 25, 2018