Pottawattamie County is offering the 2020 wellness program to all employees and spouses on the health plan. Employees enrolled in the health insurance plan who successfully complete the required steps (outline on page 3 of the Pottawattamie County Wellness Information Packet) will receive a $30/month incentive applied to their medical insurance premiums effective July 1, 2021 - June 30, 2022.
We welcome and encourage spouses enrolled in the medical plan to participate. If you and your spouse participate and you are both Pottawattamie County employees covered by a family health plan, only one premium incentive will be applied.
What Employees Need to Know
- All employees and spouses who are on the health plan are eligible to participate in the program.
- If you are enrolled in the Pottawattamie County sponsored health plan, the employee is eligible to receive an additional premium subsidy for the cost of your health insurance premiums from Pottawattamie County.
- You must complete all required activities to secure the wellness incentive.
- All notices and disclosures are electronically accepted during completion of the HRA. You can see these without completing the HRA on the Lockton for Health website or you can request a copy by contacting Lockton Health Risk Solutions.
Article I: Name
The name of this organization shall be the Pottawattamie County Wellness Committee, hereafter referred
to as the Wellness Committee.
Article II: Purpose
The purpose of the Pottawattamie County Wellness Committee is to develop strategies that will promote
healthy lifestyles, reduce overall health risk factors, and improve the overall well-being of the county
workforce and their families.
Article III: Membership
The membership of the Wellness Committee shall be composed of current Pottawattamie County
employees who are enrolled in the Wellness Program. The Committee shall consist of at least one (1)
representative from each department who will serve a minimum of two (2) years. Members may serve
more than one term or a new member may be appointed by the Committee and/or the department heads.
Article IV: Officers
The officers of the Wellness Committee shall consist of:
The qualifications for each office are:
- Must be an employee of Pottawattamie County
- Enrolled in the Wellness Program
The selection of officers shall be done by election:
- At the beginning of the January meeting of every year, the current wellness committee members will vote for officers. The newly voted in officers will begin their duties after the completion of the January meeting.
- All four positions will be voted on each year.
- Committee members shall make nominations for Chairperson first.
- After a nomination is made and a second to the nomination is made any committee member can call to cease nominations and request that the current chairperson call for a vote. If the nomination carries, then the committee moves on to give nominations for the Vice Chair, then the Treasurer, and finally the Secretary. If the nomination does not carry then the chairperson will ask for more nominations.
- Once a committee member is voted into a position, they will fill that position until the following January when all officers are voted on again.
An officer’s position may become vacant due to resignation; opting out of the wellness program; no
longer being an employee of Pottawattamie County; or due to unexcused absenteeism.
Absenteeism which results in an officer missing a meeting without notice may result in a declaration of
vacancy by the other officers. The position shall then be filled by appointing a Committee Member to serve the remainder of the term. This applies regardless of the reason for the vacancy.
Article V: Meetings
Regular meetings of the Wellness Committee shall be held at least quarterly.
Special meetings can be called by the Chair or Vice-Chair in the absence of the Chair. A notice of ten (10) days
should be given to Committee Members of a special meeting. The purpose of the meeting shall be stated
in the call.
Eight (8) Committee Members shall constitute a quorum for a meeting, but to change rules ten (10)
Committee Members would need to be present.
Any agenda items that need to be voted upon will be done so by all members of the Committee with the
exception of the Chair. The Chair will cast a vote only in the event of a tie. Majority rules in all voting
Article VI: Amendments
These by-laws shall be amended by a vote of three quarter (3/4) membership at any regular or special
meeting, provided that the amendment has been submitted to the members in writing ten (10) days prior
to the meeting.