Juvenile Division

Dawn M. Landon, Assistant County Attorney
Eric D. Strovers, Assistant County Attorney
Jolene Huerta, Legal Assistant

The juvenile division of the Pottawattamie County Attorney’s Office handles cases of children in need of assistance (CINA), termination of parental rights, delinquencies (offenses committed by children under the age of 18, that if committed by an adult would be considered a crime), truancy, and juvenile mental health and substance abuse committal proceedings.  In CINA and termination proceedings the county attorney represents the Iowa Department of Human Services.  In delinquency, truancy, and mental health/substance abuse proceedings the county attorney represents the people of Pottawattamie County.  The county attorney cannot advise nor represent individuals in child custody matters, or file paperwork to emancipate minors.

Helpful Links

To report suspected child abuse please call Child Protective Services at 1.800.362.2178.
Iowa Department of Human Services 
Children’s Square Shelter
Project Harmony

For mental health or substance abuse committals please contact the Pottawattamie County Clerk of Court at 712.328.5861

In the Spotlight

Hope 4 Iowa

The HOPE 4 IOWA Crisis Call Line connects individuals in crisis to a helping hand and the resources to address and improve mental wellness. Available 24/7. For more information visit our website here.








  • 1
  • 2

Pottawattamie County Emergency Notification System

The Alert Iowa system serves all residents within Pottawattamie County and it's Communities.

The Pottawattamie County Emergency Management Agency has implemented The Alert Iowa system, a high-speed notification solution and Weather Warning service. This no-charge service is available to businesses.

Click Here To Register